Did you know, your smile needs a healthy diet too? Well, it’s true! Your diet is a vital role in your oral health, which is why it’s important to think about the foods you eat to keep your smile healthy and bright. Our dentists, Drs. Joseph Kayne and Eric Tidwell with Rock Canyon Dental in Provo, Utah, care about your smile and are happy to give you these diet tips to strengthen your oral health and boost the health of your teeth.
These tips include:
– Sticky and chewy snacks promote dental erosion.
– Stay away from products that can easily end up getting wedged between teeth.
– Severe dental damage can occur if you bite into hard snacks.
– Plaque takes sugar and converts it into enamel-eating acids.
– Plaque takes carbs and converts them into enamel-eating acids.
– Watery snacks are known to produce additional saliva.
– Chew on crunchy foods to promote saliva production.
– Eat nutritious meals to provide your smile with enamel building minerals.
As you can see from the list above, your teeth need the nutrients and attention a healthy diet can bring. If you still have questions about your oral health or would like to make an appointment, please talk to a member of our team at 801-373-6362. We look forward to seeing you.